The Centre facilitates support, services and accommodations for those who have experienced sexual violence. The support offered is based on the needs and wishes of the person disclosing/reporting. There is no timeframe of when an incident has occurred for someone to access support from the Centre. It is also important to note that individuals do not need to disclose their narratives in order to access support.
The Centre for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education is available to:
- Facilitate referrals to University resources and community agencies
- Coordinate referral to medical services
- Coordinate academic accommodations
- Assist with the coordination of safety planning
- Coordinate access to emergency housing
- Coordinate emergency financial assistance
- Coordinate referrals to on and off campus trauma-informed counselling services
- Provide information about reporting options
- Assist with decision-making and navigating University processes
- Manage the flow of information among departments or offices where necessary
- Provide effective and ongoing support for survivors with respect to support, services, accommodations and complaint procedures
- Wherever needed, the Centre for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education advocates on behalf of survivors to ensure the needs of survivors are always met.
The Centre during Covid-19
The Centre services are currently being provided remotely through telephone 416-736-5231 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org